Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

My last night in Thailand

Tomorrow morning, I bid adieu to Thailand. It has certainly been a month I will never forget. I am back in Bangkok and have met up with a woman from Seattle who is traveling into Cambodia with me. We meet one other lady at the bus station tomorrow, and I just have to say I am so grateful to have some traveling partners at least for now.

Today we went to the Chatuchak Weekend Market here in Bangkok. If you can think of it, you can buy it there. The steaming and crowded maze of stalls holds everything for sale from old airline magazines to teensy turtles to Santa Claus figurines. Strange to see Santa among all the Buddhas for sale, but it sparked a bit of conversation on how both fellas have some things in common if you think about it.

Back on Khao San road tonight; we are staying just around the corner. It's so fun to drink beers at one of the zillions of cafe tables and watch the humanity walk by. Some of the best entertainment on the entire trip is contained on one short street.

The coming week holds some good things in store: seeing a new country, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh. I expect the sanitary conditions and everything else to take a decline as soon as we leave Thailand, so I am getting mentally prepared.

See you in a few more days.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?